The release of the demo of the new Touhou game has been delayed, due to the catastrophe in Japan. This is bringing back flashbacks of the quake in Haiti, the 2007 tsunami, and Hurricane Katrina. Can we ever get to the point where we can become impervious to nature, or will we always be at the mercy of it for as long as we exist? The latter seems more likely.
---------
Beast's Lair is still down. However, it looks like it may start up on a new server in the future, one that isn't tied to rules governing fanfiction and talking about games with nookie, or at least, that's the plan . . . I think. I don't know how long this will take, if it occurs, but I'm not giving up hope just yet.
--------
Last night, I had a dream. I was playing a Dynasty Warriors game, not the first time I've done that in a dream.
The rules were like so; it was an online battle. (Do DW games have an online feature now?) No one was allowed to use pre-existing characters; we were only allowed to use original characters. This isn't the first time I dreamed this, so perhaps it's the next chapter in a serial.
Regardless, I (as in my in-game avatar) was bloodlessly slashing through hordes of pikemen without a scratch, when suddenly, a player from the opposing faction ran past me on horseback. This player's avatar was in the guise of a blonde-haired woman in a blue dress . . . swinging an invisible sword.
I complained through my mic, "Hey! No canon characters from other franchises! OCs only!" Not only that, this DW-ized Saber had a sword with a range of at least fifteen feet; I'm pretty sure her weapon doesn't have that reach when not in Noble Phantasm mode. Yep, we were dealing with a cheater. I chased after the Saber player, but even when she was on foot, I couldn't keep up with her. I tried shooting arrows, but missed every shot. She ran past me again, completely ignoring me. I guess I should be grateful, because if this player really had the power of Saber, I'd die in a matter of seconds.
But of course, my side eventually lost the battle, since no one could keep up with 5th War Saber. Can you believe it? Someone taking a character as noble as Saber, and using her to cheat to victory on an online game? Despicable!
Besides, if you were gonna make a swordswoman for a game like DW, we already know who would be a better pick. I of course refer to Youmu Konpaku.